Jenkins plugin: IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.<init>(

I’m still trying to get the Jenkins plugin for XLT 4.5.8 to work. I’ve updated Jenkins to the newest version. Now, when saving the XLT Configuration, I get the following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.(Lorg/apache/log4j/Layout;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V from class com.xceptance.xlt.tools.jenkins.LoadTestBuilder
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:796)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:876)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$6.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:249)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.(Lorg/apache/log4j/Layout;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V from class com.xceptance.xlt.tools.jenkins.LoadTestBuilder
at com.xceptance.xlt.tools.jenkins.LoadTestBuilder.(LoadTestBuilder.java:165)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.invokeConstructor(RequestImpl.java:451)

I guess we need some version of log4j. Which version is required and where should it be installed?

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfotenatly the Jenkins plug-in 1.1.2 which is bundled with XLT 4.5.8 is incompatible with Jenkins 1.622 or higher. This issue is fixed in the upcomming version 1.2 of the Jenkins plug-in.

Meanwhile you can download and try the preview version of the Jenkins plugin 1.2. You should receive a private message containing the link.

Where can I find the latest documentation for the XLT Jenkins plugin?
I could not find a link or information, neither on the documentation overview nor in the user manual.

A short introduction can be found in xlt-x.x.x/doc/xlt/jenkins-plugin.html or online via https://lab.xceptance.de/releases/xlt/latest/jenkins-plugin.html. The document is indeed not linked yet in the index or elsewhere. Will be fixed in 4.6.0.