Remove lines also remove content

I don’t know, if this is a bug or a feature and how it was in the previous versions. But for me it is a bug.

First open a test case with several lines of pages, wizards and modules. Expand all lines and select not only the modules, but all lines (modules and content of the modules). I select the first line and then select the last line while press shift key. After selecting the lines delete them.

My expectation was that the modules were deleted from the test case. But in the case, that the content was also selected, the content of the modules were deleted too.

Is it possible to attach a screenshot? I think that would be easier to understand.

Tanks.

Hi Ronny,

I don’t know what you mean by pages and wizards but it doesn’t matter at all.

Inline-editing of modules is a nice and often request feature that of course also works for deletion of selected commands.
Thus, when you select the module and its content then inline-editing becomes active when you press the Delete key and all your content is gone.

This said, the behavior you described above is a side-effect of the inline-editing feature. This might be somewhat unexpected but as long as you don’t save the modifications you can roll back them with Undo.

At the moment, I have no idea on how to avoid this side-effect while keeping the inline-editing feature fully functional. But I’m totally open-minded for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Hartmut

PS: You can post screenshots by using the ‘Upload’ button located in the toolbar at the top of the post editor.

closed #3