Unable to Perform a Load Test for posters-advanced-loadtest-suite

I have imported this https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-advanced-loadtest-suite Project and performed a simple Load Test directly without any changes, but the load test is not starting, downloading results directly as mentioned in the screenshot, please suggest if I need to do any changes

project.properties or in test.properties.

Note: This advanced-testsuite may help me to overcome from this Forum (Can you please explain how do I generate "Page Load Timings" on performing Load Test Report?)

Thanks in Advance. :smile:

Check the agent.log file or other similar files in the result directory results\20210604-185136. You can also post them here. It will tell you what is wrong. I bet the Chromedriver failed to load or similar.

Thanks, @rschwietzke, please find the below Logs from the Agent.log file, unable to upload a file, so I am pasting the Logs below, please refer, I was thinking like some of the transactions mentioned in the Properties are missing I guess.

[2021/06/04-19:36:56,935] ERROR [TGuestOrderAndSignUp-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TGuestOrderAndSignUp-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TGuestOrderAndSignUp’.
at com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner.run(LoadTestRunner.java:134)
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,935] ERROR [TRegisteredCheckout-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TRegisteredCheckout-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TRegisteredCheckout’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,935] ERROR [TAccountCreation-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TAccountCreation-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TAccountCreation’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,939] ERROR [TVisit-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TVisit-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TVisit’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,939] ERROR [TRegisteredOrder-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TRegisteredOrder-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TRegisteredOrder’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,960] ERROR [TGuestCheckout-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TGuestCheckout-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TGuestCheckout’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,960] ERROR [TCrawler-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TCrawler-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TCrawler’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,960] ERROR [TBrowse-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TBrowse-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TBrowse’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,961] ERROR [TSearch-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TSearch-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TSearch’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,962] ERROR [TAddToCart-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TAddToCart-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TAddToCart’.
[2021/06/04-19:36:56,962] ERROR [TGuestOrder-0] com.xceptance.xlt.agent.LoadTestRunner - Failed to run test as user: TGuestOrder-0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find java class ‘com.xceptance.loadtest.posters.tests.TGuestOrder’.

Adding!
Please refer to the below screenshot for Chromedriver settings, if anything went wrong please suggest.

Seem you have not compiled properly. One thing
 https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-advanced-loadtest-suite is the plain test suite for normal load testing. This is the one for real browser testing: https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-realbrowser-loadtest-suite

Thanks again,
Okay but referring to https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-realbrowser-loadtest-suite I didn’t find any transactions here (ex: Torder), unable to add new packages or classes getting error like this test-suit doesn’t contain JAVA.

Please never mind I am very egar to run a performance test for complete shop site.

As per my Anyalisis, i think missing the below folder in Real-browsers-test-suit.

let me diagnose and get back to you

1 Like

There was a small typo in the setup, but it ran before too but returned a few error lines. Fixed and pushed it.

git clone https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-advanced-loadtest-suite.git
mvn compile

Now reconfigure your XLT installation to point to that test suite. Update <xlt>/config/mastercontroller.properties and set com.xceptance.xlt.mastercontroller.testSuitePath correctly, for example:

com.xceptance.xlt.mastercontroller.testSuitePath = /home/user/projects/posters-advanced-loadtest-suite

Go to the bin directory of XLT and run:

./mastercontroller.sh -embedded -auto -report

It will run the preconfigured test and create a report afterwards.

Thanks, @rschwietzke for your help & support, mvn compile helped to get out the above issues.
Applied same steps on the https://github.com/Xceptance/posters-realbrowser-loadtest-suite
I have written scripts and tried to Perform a sample Load Test, causing the below exception, please help me on this: What is the cause of the Exception?

Thanks in Advance.

Adding, If I run through IDE with Run as Junit, getting the below exceptions:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.vfs2.impl.StandardFileSystemManager).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

and

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.xceptance.common.lang.ThrowableUtils (file:/C:/Users/eetgadmin/.m2/repository/com/xceptance/xlt/4.13.2/xlt-4.13.2.jar) to field java.lang.Throwable.detailMessage
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.xceptance.common.lang.ThrowableUtils
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Your XLT dependencies or installation is too old. Please go to 5.4.X, the older 4.X part does not work nicely with newer JDKs.

1 Like

Thanks again, but on updating the XLT dependencies on the POM.xml to 5.4.1, still facing the same issue:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.xceptance.common.lang.ThrowableUtils (file:/C:/Users/eetgadmin/.m2/repository/com/xceptance/xlt/5.4.1/xlt-5.4.1.jar) to field java.lang.Throwable.detailMessage
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.xceptance.common.lang.ThrowableUtils
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

It is a warning
 it is not functional broken. Your tests should work.